Life Solutions Coaching & Reiki Training Center
Mill Creek, Washingtion
Sign up for the Free Wellness Newsletter
Free Wellness Coach Consult
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."-Thomas A. Edison
If you are on a dream seeking excursion, but you haven’t figured out how awesome you are yet, you haven’t found that place of absolute faith that assures you that you will achieve the life you seek; start an all about me journal. Write down all of your past successes and what you see for your future. Write down everything you have done that you are proud of. Things like taking something back to the store that you accidently walked out with. Helping grandma clean her house on Fridays or getting a promotion at work. Write down things that other people think are cool about you like you are well read, you are a great dancer or you are just plain fun to hang out with. How about failing a test, only to study harder and ace it the next time. How about the time you lost five pounds. You may have only kept it off for the summer, but you lost it, and that is a success worth journaling about. If you have an idea why you did not keep off the weight, add that to your entry as well.
The all about me journal should be written in the now or as though it has already happened. For example, “I have raised two healthy, happy children. I have true friends who care about me. Everyone compliments me on how carefully I pack groceries; I nurture my garden every day and it grows beautifully. I helped the neighbor with her children when she was sick. I am happy, I am positive and I persevere,” and so on. Make a lengthy list, one that reminds of your greatness and successes.
If all you see are negatives about yourself, even though you have searched for the positive, it is time to seek help. You cannot reach your goals or live your dreams without assist in seeing who you really are. Wellness coaches, as well as other professionals, are trained to help you learn the process of seeing life and yourself with an optimistic perspective.
Read, Who Are You Really, and What Do You Want, By Shad Helmstetter Ph.D. But most importantly, understand that you are an awesome successful person and with help, you will totally see that this is true. Consider Janine’s story.
Janine came to me with over one-hundred pounds to lose .She felt people staring at her and judging her based on her weight. They did not understand how hard she had worked trying to lose weight. They did not understand how much she wanted to comfortably fit into a coach seat on an airplane, how much she wanted to look good so that her spouse and her children would be proud of her, or how much she wanted to have more energy and be healthy.
Janine rarely went out to restaurants because she could feel people watching her, judging her while she ate. She attended her daughter Jessie’s kindergarten orientation; Jessie was excited for her mom to meet her teachers and friends at school. But what Janine felt was stares and surprise when the teachers and other parents saw how overweight she was. Her husband always said he loved her but he also avoided taking her to any work related gatherings.
Janine saw nothing wonderful about herself. She cooked, cleaned, made sure that her children finished their homework and she watched TV.She avoided being active with her children. It was just too difficult. Janine could not find anything good about herself to write about in her journal. After
working with her, she began to see a little bit of her greatness. Here is her initial journal entry, formed with the help of her coach.
- I have provided a warm, loving environment for my family.
- I am raising two very loving, happy children
- My children love me and are excited to share me with their friends
- I know My husband loves me
- I am a great cook
- Extended family love coming to our house for holidays
- I Love having family over because they are always impressed with my creative ideas and hospitality
- When it comes to losing weight, I persevere, having tried every new program out there. I am persistent
- I am evolving my home into a bed and breakfast
- I am changing my recipes to be more heart healthy yet still offering lots of flavor
- I am learning to read food labels
- Every saturday is family adventure day. We are trying out all of the interesting things to do in the area so that when our bed and breakfast opens we will be a good resource for our guests.
- We go to the farmers market each week using locally fresh produce to create seasonal meals
- I go for an after dinner walk with my family three evenings a week
- I play music a lot and love to clean my house to songs like staying alive and we are family
- People look at me now because I am happy and joyful.
- I feel healthy and strong
- I have goals and I am taking action to achieve them
- Because of the new changes in my lifestyle I am slowly and progressively losing weight
- I am a success story
Nothing can stop the person with the right attitude from achieving their goals in this world. Nothing on earth can help the person with the wrong attitude.~Thomas Jefferson
Part of what Janine had to do to achieve such marked change in her life is learn to see life with an optimistic perspective. She also had to learn and practice Positive self-talk. Without a positive attitude and outlook on life you will not attract the life you want to live.
Consider Wellness Coaching for the best chance of achieving your goals. If you have not found your greatness. Please accept this Free Consult
The Buddha said "What we think, we become."
If you are interested in our Life Solutions Wellness Newsletter place your name and request on the contact pane.